How we collect and use your data
During our interaction with you, we may obtain personal information about you or your business that you directly provide to us, including, for example, but not limited to, the following categories of information:
- Basic personal information and identifiers (e.g., name, nationality, and country of birth)
- Contact information (e.g., phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address)
- Account information (e.g., username and password)
- Commercial information (e.g., records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered or transaction history)
- Communications (e.g., when you submit questions or comments, select e-mail marketing communication preferences when these options are provided, indicate areas of interests, subscribe to newsletters, or participate in surveys, forums, or webinars)
- Professional or employment-related information or other background information (e.g., education, experience, qualifications, current employer, work location, job title, and primary job responsibilities)
- Geolocation information (e.g., when you use a company mobile application that uses location tracking for purposes of managing our business operations, or attend an event that we hold which allows for attendance tracking)
We may also automatically collect personal information when you visit or use one of our websites or applications, including but not limited to, e.g., the following categories of information:
- Technical information collected from your computer or mobile device for statistical purposes (e.g., your IP address, browser type, and operating system)
- Electronic network activity information and other information collected about your usage of our websites or applications (e.g., pages you visit, search terms you enter, and how often you visit – all related to our media and sites)
- We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
- We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you
- From devices when you visit or use our websites or applications
- In some cases, from third party data suppliers
Cookies, are small items of identifying information which are placed and stored on your computer by all internet servers in order to enable system to more readily “recognize” you when you visit and to facilitate your visit.
On reaching our media and websites, you will be given the option to accept “cookies” by setting your Internet options on your computer, however, please be advised that in that case, you may not be able to access part or all of our website, or parts of a website may not operate effectively.
This option is offered in compliance with the personal data consent and tracking requirements of privacy laws and frameworks like the GDPR, LGPD and CCPA.
Usage of personal information
We may use, including in some cases sharing with third parties or service providers, your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We may use your personal information to verify your identity when you access and use our services and to ensure the security of your personal information. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Providing and improving our services: We may use your personal information to provide the information, goods, services or materials you have requested. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- We also may analyze information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for our customers. It is in our legitimate interests to understand any issues with our services and improve them.
- We may use your personal information to build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. It is in our legitimate interests to provide more relevant and interesting advertising messages. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- We may use your personal information to process an application you submit to work for us or to provide information to you related to job opportunities. It is in our legitimate interests to evaluate the qualifications of job applicants and to communicate with applicants or potential applicants regarding job opportunities. When necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
- We may use your personal information to manage our IT and communications systems, product and service development, company assets, strategic planning, project management, and operational improvement. It is in our legitimate interests to ensure our business operations function effectively.
- We may use your personal information to register you to attend or present at an event we host. At such events, we may use radio-frequency identification (RFID), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), or similar technology for purposes of tracking attendance, improving the event experience, and improving and appropriately tailoring the services provided to attendees. Such technology will always be limited to the primary event spaces and event hours and will never be used for non-business purposes. It is in our legitimate interests to manage the registration and attendance of our events and to improve the quality of our events, services, and customer engagement.
We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this anonymized information for any other purpose related to continuing the business relationship with you.
We may transfer or disclose your information to the following categories of recipients for business purposes, as described below:
- Within our group companies where we may share any of the categories of personal information listed above with members of our corporate family and groups for the purpose of continuing the business relationship and services.
- With law enforcement or a governmental entity or other entity for legal purposes: We may disclose any of the categories of personal information described above to any person, specifically to any law enforcement or governmental entity, without notice, if we in good faith believe that such disclosure is required in order to comply with law, to protect our rights or interests, and in response to any emergency situation.
Engenya does not sell personal information which would include the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Third-Party information collection
Our websites or applications may offer links to other websites which are operated by third parties for your convenience. Such third-party websites may have privacy policies and practices different from ours.
Engenya does not control and is not responsible for the policies or practices of such third-party websites. Please contact such third parties directly for information regarding their privacy practices. Engenya neither owns nor controls the global Internet and can only ensure this Policy for websites, media and applications which it controls directly.
Your rights with regard to your personal information
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, subject to local law. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, restrict certain disclosures of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your personal information. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time. You may also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your privacy rights.
You or your authorized agent may contact Engenya at the contact information provide below to update or correct the personal information we hold about you or to discuss or exercise other rights you may have under law. Please note that we may require additional information from you or your authorized agent in order to verify your identity and honor your request.
Engenya is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Protection and retention of personal information
We implement physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to safeguard and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information we process. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. In deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we primarily take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
International data transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country, and it may be available to the government of those countries under a lawful order made in those countries.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protections for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
Since we are constantly making changes and upgrades to our systems and services in order to better serve you, and how we manage your personal information may accordingly change, we anticipate updating this Privacy Notice from time-to-time. Therefore, we reserve the right to revise the content of this Privacy Notice in any manner and at any time, without notice. If we make any revisions that materially change the ways in which we process your personal information, we will notify you of these changes before applying them to that personal information.