Engenya provided engineering services to Thales Alenia Space (Switzerland) for the planning, coordination and execution of thermo-mechanical design and analysis activities. The services were provided in the context of the development of optical terminals that will enable inter-satellite communications for Telesat’s upcoming Lightspeed constellation. Lightspeed aims to provide reliable and competitive global communications services to the general market.
Engenya contributed actively to the coordination with structural, thermal, electronics, and system architecture teams to ensure the thermo-mechanical design of the optical terminal satisfied the evolving requirements.
Additionally, Engenya provided:
- Technical guidance in thermo-mechanical topics.
- Conceptual development and verification of thermo-mechanical design concepts.
- Management of requirements and specifications for system components.
- Production of design justifications, design descriptions, structural and thermal analysis description documents, requirements documents and technical proposals.
- Review and approval of interface control documents.
- Technical and programmatic management of external contractors and suppliers.
- Feasibility evaluation of novel or alternate technical solutions.